Saturday, January 22, 2011

Denver School of Science and Technology and Other News

Hi Everybody,

I know it’s been awhile since I last posted, but a lot has happened recently. Throughout the fall, my literacy nonprofit, Breaking the Chain, gave thousands of books to dozens of classrooms and schools around the country. The Wind Stone: Book Three of The Reign of the Elements will be released in a few weeks by BookLight Press. I’m very excited!

The new year is shaping up to be a busy one with lots of speaking engagements lined up. Most recently, I spoke at Denver School of Science and Technology: Green Valley Ranch. The students and teachers were fantastic. They were enthusiastic, inquisitive, and motivated. The school is very committed to reading and has made each of the students commit to reading 5,000 pages during the school year. Here are some pictures from my visit there:





I have a busy few months ahead. In February, I will be speaking in Huntington Beach, California at World Thinking Day 2011. In March and April I will be traveling to Memphis and Boston for different author events.

Riley