Friday, March 18, 2011

Back From Memphis and More Events

Hi all!

I've had a busy few weeks! Last Monday, March 7th, I spoke to two schools in Memphis, Tennessee: Immaculate Conception Cathedral School and St. Louis School. Both audiences were fantastic! I loved their enthusiasm and energy. A big thank you to both schools for having me!





On Wednesday, March 9th, I participated in World Read Aloud Day. I had the privilege of Skyping with three different classrooms: Katherine Soklovski's 5th grade class in Illinois, Karla Duff's 6th grade class in Oelwein, Iowa, and Shannon Miller's 6th grade class in Van Meter, Iowa. The students asked excellent questions about my books and about writing. I loved hearing about their favorite books and how much they love to read!

In other news, I will be traveling to Boston, Massachusetts on April 6th to take part in an event hosted by the fabulous author, Nichole Bernier, with authors Chris Abouzeid and Carol Newman Cronin. On April 12th and 13th I will be at Family Literacy Nights in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Stay tuned for more news!

Riley

1 comment:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

congratulations on all those visits. I'm sure the kids will not forget them and will look forward to each new book you write.