Saturday, December 19, 2009

Chicago and Indianapolis and Other News

Hi Everybody!

I know I haven't posted for a while, but I was busy on a two week trip to Chicago and Indianapolis speaking at schools. It was an incredible trip - I gave 14 speeches and spoke to approximately 2,500 kids about my book, reading, and reaching out to help each other. It was great to see the kids get so excited about not only reading and writing, but about doing good in the world. Here are a few pictures from the trip:

With students at Attea Middle School in Glenview, Illinois

Speaking to students at Countryside Montessori in Northbrook, Illinois

Signing books at St. Pius X in Indianapolis, Indiana

At Amore Pizzeria in Zionsville, Indiana talking with a teen library group

I have several videos of speeches that I gave at schools and I will post them as soon as I can. You can also view a list of all the schools I visited on the trip at my website here. In the mean time, I've also had several interviews since I got back from my trip.

I had a live interview on Fox 31's Everyday on Thursday, the 17th. You can watch the video here.

I also taped a segment with Fox31's MartinoTV which will air on Christmas Day.

Today, I participated in a live blog chat with Indiependent Books. You visit their website and buy and autographed copy of The Fire Stone here.

I'll post again soon, but for now, happy holidays to all!

Check back soon,

Riley

No comments: